- Someday, I want to buy a whole bunch of My Brittle Pony horse jerky from my supplier in Scotland, go into Hot Topic, and secretly pin a bag to each and every My Little Pony t-shirt for sale. Then hide and watch. That store has become such a disappointment over the past decade or so.
- This article explains better than I ever could why I do not support hate speech, hate crime, and anti-discrimination laws, even though I am a pansexual polyamorous woman and a member of an often-hated and vilified minority religion. By the time we are ready and able as a society to actually legislate these things, society in general and as a majority is in agreement with them, and those who have not changed their minds yet will just dig in harder and fight back when we try to force them or silence them, perpetuating the very thing we wish to destroy.
- In an effort to unify English Braille codes around the world and combine literary Braille with computer Braille, the United States blind community is officially adopting Unified English Braille over the next few years. I find it very interesting that many of the changes mean more cells will be required to type a given line of text, because many contractions are being dropped and whole-word contractions are now being spaced instead of bunched together. My husband’s biggest objection to using Braille in his daily life is its bulk.
- Corneal abrasion notwithstanding, when you happily play without complaint on the computer, and then suddenly start yelling as though you’re being stabbed when I make you get off the computer, my confidence in your pain level reporting accuracy is somewhat diminished. This comment inspired by my fifth child’s behavior the other day.
- Why can’t I just kiss and snuggle all my friends whenever I feel like it? Not fair.
- I have drawers and boxes that seem to reproduce useless cables like tribbles while eating every cable I actually need to use. Last check found 12 mini-USB cables in one drawer but not a single micro-USB cable, which was what I needed.
Published by solinox
I am a Wiccan priestess, a libertarian mother of triplets plus three, a wife and homeschooling mom to blind and autistic children, a fiber artist, and a Jane of All Trades, always learning and seeking to help.
View more posts