- I fell down. Good news: My reflexes still kept me from a direct hit to the tailbone. Bad news: I already hurt. Ouch. That’s what I get for paying attention to the Cowboys stats at halftime.
- Yes, they have a giant projection screen at one end of the rink, and they show the football game on Sunday nights. And there’s always three or four guys standing at that end of the center ring, halfheartedly stepping while watching the game.
- Dude wanted to know why I “wasn’t talking” to him tonight. Maybe I should try a little less hard to hold back the giggles when I see him. And no, Dude, we do not have a “connection” when our eyes meet.
- There’s a jam coming up after Thanksgiving. Given how beat up I feel right now after two hours with these folks, I wonder if I’m going to be up to 4 hours of skating after midnight by then. Jams are so much fun, though.
- I need to wear my contacts. I feel blinded when I’m skating backwards, especially when the lights are out.
- On the way to the rink tonight, I had all these things running through my head, brainstorming about Kender and planning for Vikings class and checklists. I figured I would be running over and over that stuff while I was skating, like I do while biking or running. Nope. Ten minutes, and my head was completely clear. That’s some pretty good medicine.
Published by solinox
I am a Wiccan priestess, a libertarian mother of triplets plus three, a wife and homeschooling mom to blind and autistic children, a fiber artist, and a Jane of All Trades, always learning and seeking to help.
View more posts